- 3 large Yams
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Start by cutting the ends off of your yams and then slicing them into large rounds that are about 1 inch thick. Place the rounds on your baking sheets, spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. If rounds are a bit thicker, bake for a few more minutes. Flip over half way during baking time.
- Let cool a few minutes and then smash the rounds with a fork. The skin might split a bit but don’t worry about it. Do your best to keep them together.
- In a small bowl, cream together the butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the potato rounds.
- Bake for 5 additional minutes then switch on the broiler and broil until the edges start to get crispy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the rounds and return to the oven until the cheese is melted. It should take about 3 minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted to your liking, remove from the oven. You can sprinkle with extra parsley if you desire. Then serve immediately.
- from save on foods
- haven't tried these yet