creamy cherry tomato & summer squash pasta
Simple summer pasta recipe featuring roasted cherry tomatoes, zucchini and yellow squash with pasta and a light goat cheese sauce. Recipe yields 4 servings.
- 2 cups rotini, fusilli, penne or shells pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium yellow squash, quartered vertically and then sliced into wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered vertically and then sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 100g goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- small handful chopped fresh basil or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400
- Toss the whole cherry tomatoes, zucchini and squash with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake in a single layer on parchment paper for about 25 minutes, tossing halfway, until the cherry tomatoes have burst and the squash is tender.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Save 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- While the pasta is hot, add the lemon juice, butter, goat cheese, garlic and red pepper flakes to the pot. Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and gently toss until the pasta is lightly coated.
- Add the roasted vegetables. Gently toss to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped basil over the pasta.
- Serve immediately.