chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda disolved in 2 tsp hot water
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or brazil nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven.